Recipe by LizCl
An easy and delicious recipe from Martha Stewart. It's a winner and I saw Martha prepare it on one of her shows.
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie shell
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups pecan halves or 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips or 3⁄4 cup chopped dark chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extract to combine.
- Add the sugar, mix well.
- Add the corn syrups and mix thoroughly.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in pecans and chocolate.
- Pour filling into pie crust and bake at 350 degrees until filling is set about 55-60 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.