1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Honestly, I'm not a big Martha fan. But a friend got me a free subscription to Martha's magazine. Normally I thumb through it and toss it within 2 or 3 minutes. One month, this recipe on the last page caught my eye. With a title like this, how could I not save it?!?! I just made it today (am actually in the middle of baking as I type) and it is AMAZING! If I had more chocolate, I'd be baking another batch instead of posting this....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (appx 1 large banana)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely cut into chunks appx 1/4-inch
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (Martha says to toast, I skipped that part)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Combine flours, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 3Put butter & sugars into bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined. Mix in banana. Add flour mixture, mix until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chunks, and walnuts.
- 4Using 1 1/2" ice cream scoop (I used my Pampered Chef small scoop) drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2" apart.
- 5Bake cookies (Martha recommends rotating sheets - I didn't do that) until golden brown and just set, 12-13 minutes. Cool on sheets 5 minutes & transfer to wire rack to complete cooling.
- 6Can be stored in airtight containers up to 2 days if not all eaten immediately.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart Banana-Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1075 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 65.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g