Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
From Kraft. I can't wait to make them for the kids as a special treat! A perfect Valentine surprise. Cook time is cooling time. (I loved the idea the first reviewer had and wanted to add it to the recipe itself, "Substituting crisped cereal for the pecans would make it special for the little ones who are allergic to nuts" Thanks ohgal for such a great suggestion!)
Top Review by Funfetti
Very cute! I made half with nuts and half with coconut flakes. It took a little while to get the hang of the dipping (my first ones were very ugly!!) I think I might put sticks in them next time for easy dipping and eating. These would be perfect to make with kids!
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks, melted
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped (or rice krispies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe glass bowl. Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Dip marshmallows, one at a time, in chocolate, turning to evenly coat each marshmallow. Gently shake off excess chocolate.
- Place marshmallows, in single layer, on sheets of wax paper. Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoons of the pecans.
- Let stand at room temperature 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chocolate is set.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.