Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 12 muffins.
Top Review by Cookfor5kids hubs
Wonderful. I made this up and let it set for a few weeks. I then made muffins from it. I found it perfect to make a dozen muffins, but I felt they cooked a lot quicker than the minutes suggested. I'd say somewhere between 15-18 minutes or so. Anyway, I want to make these up as gifts, so I had to try it first and they were great. Something different than the average cookie mix gift jar. Also, these are great to have on hand for a quick treat that the kids can make!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, marshmallows and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- MARSHMALLOW MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 1/4 cup milk, 5 tbsp melted butter and 1 egg.
- MARSHMALLOW MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just mixed; do not overstir.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.