Dried Blueberry Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 20 muffins.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried blueberries
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the sugar, flour, baking powder, soda, salt and then dried blueberries - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
DRIED BLUEBERRY MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 cup buttermilk, 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
DRIED BLUEBERRY MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just mixed; do not overstir.
- Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.