Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 12 muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, marshmallows and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5MARSHMALLOW MUFFINS GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 1/4 cup milk, 5 tbsp melted butter and 1 egg.
- 7MARSHMALLOW MUFFIN INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 375.
- 9In a large bowl, combine the milk, butter and egg.
- 10Add the contents of the jar, and stir until just mixed; do not overstir.
- 11Spoon the batter into greased or papered muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full.
- 12Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool for 10 minutes in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Muffins (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 159.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 4.8 g