Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 15 mins
A wonderfully rich and savoury lentil stew, perfect for a cold winter's day...
Make and share this Marrakesh Lentil Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups dried red lentils
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked sausage or 2 1⁄2 cups kielbasa
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients in large saucepot on stove or in crock pot.
- Stir and put lid on.
- Simmer on low for 2 hours or until lentils are soft.
- Serve with biscuits or toast.