Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe in the local newspaper. The cupcakes are moist and not too sweet. Very good with cream cheese frosting. Adapted from Good Housekeeping's "Great Baking"
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 18 muffin cups with cupcake papers.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with the mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in marmalade.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat just until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place pans on wire racks; let cool 10 minutes, then remove cupcakes from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
- Frost as desired.
Nice cupcakes! They are lovely & moist, with the marmelade taste coming through nicely. I frosted them with a cream cheese frosting to which I added some marmelade too. Thanks!
These were so fast and easy to prepare!! Used low-fat marmalade and milk. Used Regular White Icing (Add Butter to Make Buttercream Icing) as frosting. Thanks MicDoc! :)
MicDoc these are wonderful little cupcakes. Like rhondalynne I put cream cheese frosting on mine and they combination was scrumptious. My husband doesnt like fruit, orange being no exception but he really liked these and his rating was 4 stars. But as I thought they were 5, I'm giving them 5 stars. I'll definately make these again.