Bittersweet Guinness Cupcakes
These cupcakes are very easy to make and are dense and rich. Cream cheese frosting recipe included. Cooling time not included. From Something Extra Magazine. Posted for ZWT 6 Germany/Benelux.
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle guinness extra stout beer or (12 ounce) bottle Guinness draught
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (4 ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
For the frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine cake mix, Guinness, oil and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat on low speed for one minute. Scrape bowl down and beat for 2 minutes on medium.
- Stir in chocolate, and pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe follows). Keep refrigerated.
Cream cheese frosting:
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Great recipe! Made these cupcakes for St. Patty's 2011 and loved the addition of the bittersweet chocolate. I've made Guinness Cupcakes from scratch, and I loved the ease of putting this together especially when you're short on time. I did purchase ready made butter cream frosting, but would love to make this again and do the cream cheese version. These an absolute hit at work!
I don't like to drink Guiness but I SURE DO like to cook with it! These cupcakes were a big hit at our cookout today. I used imported Belgian dark chocolate and I think a really good chocolate is imprtant in this recipe. This was made for ZWT6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie, but I'll be keeping the recipe in my files for when I want something chocolate yummy!