Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've had so many compliments on these mashed potatoes I should package them.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk (Too much will make them runny)
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Fill 3 qt sauce pan half way with water.
- Add garlic powder, Thyme, and (aprox. 3 tbs) salt.
- Bring to low boil and add potatoes cubed into 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 inch pieces.
- Let boil until a fork will easily penetrate large pieces.
- Drain off water and add salt and pepper to taste, butter (tastes better that margarine) and milk (carefully).
- Mash potatoes (I use a waffled round hand potatoe masher instead of a mixer because I like lumpy, but that takes some elbow grease).
- You can work with the ingredients a bit to get the right texture.
Great recipe but the 3 tbsp of salt made it much too salty. Next time I'll only add a pinch. Other than that they were lovely!