Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this somewhere on the Web. I never thought of adding zucchini to fajitas but it really gives it a good flavor. We even eat this when NOT on Weight Watchers! One serving of 2 tortillas is 5 points.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, quartered and separated
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 low-fat flour tortillas or 8 low-fat corn tortillas
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over high heat.
- Add vegetables and saute over high heat until crisp-tender (about 5 minutes).
- Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
- Re-heat skillet over high heat, add chicken and seasoning ingredients and toss well to coat.
- Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink (about 10 minutes).
- Add 1/4 Cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return vegetables to skillet and heat through.
- Serve on tortillas with salsa, reduced fat cheese or sour cream, etc.
- Warm tortillas to make them more pliable.
Great Recipe! Made it for Sunday Night Dinner, the family said it tasted healthy(I didn't even share that they were low-fat) they asked that this be repeated. I didn't have cumin on hand and only had chipotle chili powder. Made it with 6 breast so I increased all the veggies from small to the large size. Thank you!
I enjoyed this! I LOVE zucchini so to find it included was a treat. I used minced onion from a spice jar & used a little less paprika, and added a few shakes of cayenne-added a little seasoning salt, too! I served it on a whole wheat tortilla (oh, I didn't have any green pepper) with reduced fat mexican cheese & fat free sour cream. I added a little salsa but actually preferred it without! The addition of zucchini made all the difference; it mixed well with the spicy chicken. Thank u for sharing this!
This was pretty good, I think it could have used more "zip." Next time I'll marinade the chicken in the spices along with some lime juice, because it was a little dry, and maybe some cayenne to spice it up a bit. Easy to make, nice and healthy. Thanks!