Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Best Beef strog, gauranteed never to "go off" as there is never any left! Serve with penne pasta and add sour cream as you serve if desired. ! Yummy!
- 400 g extra lean beef
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 4 cups mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 400 g tinned whole canned tomatoes
- 150 g tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Pour wine into saucepan (pour a glass for the cook as well!).
- Slice the beef into thin strips and toss in to saucepan.
- Turn hotplate on to low.
- Cut onions finely and toss in to saucepan.
- Slice the mushrooms into thin strips and toss in to saucepan.
- Chop or press the garlic and toss in to saucepan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Grind the Oregano, cardimon, cumin and mustard seeds and toss in to saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then stir over low heat for 20 minutes.
Would love to make this but I don't know what "toss inches" means and I have been cooking for a very long time!