Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Great on a buffet table or just nice in the fridge for crunchy snacks. (Leftovers can be stir-fried as is for a nice crunchy side dish). Cook time is chill time.
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or veggie oil)
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cauliflower floret, bite size
- 1 cup broccoli floret, bite size
- 1 cup sliced celery heart
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup peeled thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup mixed sweet pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup red onion ring (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced water chestnuts (optional)
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes
- Combine vinegar, oil, onion salt and cayenne pepper in a screw top container, cover and shake until well mixed.
- Combine all veggies in a large bowl.
- Pour oil mixture over veggies, toss till well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 3 days.
- Toss lightly once in a while.
I made this to have a healthy snack or add veggies to round out a quick meal. It was soo good I just tripled the recipe! As a newly diagnosed diabetic, I came upon this recipe and glad I did, makes things a little easier right now. The addition of the red pepper is great for my metabolism as I am also on a mission to lose weight, which that will help! I put whatever fresh veggies I had that needed to b used. So added some mushrooms, chopped asparagus, fresh green beans also, yummy pick me up! Thank you!
Woweee! We really enjoyed this. I made this for Easter, together with Crock Pot Turkey Breast (Crock Pot Turkey Breast) and some mashed potatoes, with hot cross buns. Very tasty, and we liked the little kick from the pepper in the dressing. I added green beans and asparagus because they represent spring to me. Used red and yellow sweet peppers. Now I made these again, and we ate them without any time marinating. Delicious this time, too. Thanks, Derf!
I am sitting here munching on a small bowl full of this as I am typing this review :) It's delicious! I added some water chestnuts and some mushrooms and a couple shakes of greek seasoning. Let set in ref. as stated and YUM! the results are delicious. Great to snack on and to have as a side dish to baked chicken or whatever meat you like. This is a keeper and one I am sure I will make alot. Thanks for sharing the recipe Derf!