Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This recipe is from a cookbook I received as a wedding present. The book has disappeared, but the recipe remained in my file. This is very good in summer. Time to prepare includes refrigeration time.
- 2 cups cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cucumber, carrot, onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl or jar with lid, combine the vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, celery seed, salt, and pepper. Stir or shake to blend.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, stirring gently. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.