Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great dish for those wonderful home grown tomatoes. Cook time is marinating time.
Make and share this Marinated Tomatoes With Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- In bowl, mix together basil, sugar, salt, mustard, garlic, pepper, vinegar and oil.
- In shallow casserole dish, layer onion, tomatoes, parsley and dressing.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
Another winning recipe for our Luby! I used fresh basil and parsley from my garden with white onions and garden tomatoes I bought from our local Farmer's Market. I marinated about 24 hours for an awesome dish. Thanks again, Luby ; )