Recipe by Midwest Maven
This steak has great flavor from the marinade, especially if you leave it overnight. And the Blue cheese mixture is great on other things as well, yumm!
Top Review by breezermom
So loved this recipe! My DS has become a blue cheese lover, and he's home for college break and I'm cooking for him, as well as ZWT8! This recipe saved the day. I did use a filet, so mine was exceptionally tender, especially after marinating for so long. Thanks for sharing!
- 453.59 g boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml dry red wine
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 59.14 ml thinly sliced green onion
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
- 29.58 ml soft fresh goat cheese (chevre)
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim the fat off the steak and place it in a zip lock bag.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine, pepper, the 1 teaspoons garlic, the salt, and mustard.
- Pour marinade over steak in the bag and seal. Turn bag to coat steak and marinate in the fridge for 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain steak and discard marinade.
- Grill steak to desired doneness.
- While steak is cooking, in a small bowl combine the green onions, blue cheese, goat cheese, and the 1/2 teaspoons garlic.
- To serve, dollop some of the cheese mixture over the steak. Thinly slice the meat across the grain and pass around the extra blue cheese mixture.