Purchasing marinated mushrooms at a deli can be quite expensive. These will rival any that you can buy and will save you a ton of money! These make a wonderful addition to an antipasto platter.
- 4 cups whole mushrooms, cleaned & stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients to make marinade.
- Pour over mushrooms and stir gently to coat.
- Cover container and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir or shake mushrooms occasionally, to ensure contact with marinade.
- Optional: If you prefer, use 1/2 cup of your favorite olive oil, instead of 1/4 cup olive oil & 1/4 cup vegetable oil.
Wonderful...Wonderful...Wonderful. I followed the instructions only adding some finely diced red pepper for some color. Sooo easy to make and sooo easy to gobble down. Definately going into my Favorites of 2012. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I needed an appetizer for a dinner party and I knew everyone liked mushrooms (I don't), so I made these. Everyone loved them and requested the recipe. I marinated them for about 20 hours in a ziplock bag, turning them often.
I served this as one of our Christmas Eve appetizers and everyone loved them. The fresh parsley added alot to the flavor.They are so easy to make. I highly recommend this recipe.