Recipe by erinBOberrin
Since I absolutely love marinated flank steak, I've tried several recipes. This is sort of a conglomeration of all the best!
Top Review by Lilladyc
Abso;utely Delicious. Never had flank steak before, but gave it a whirl. Was as tender as filet mignon. Marinaded for about 2 hours and cooked on gas grill about 10 minutes for rare. I added a good squeeze of lemon juice to the marinade as well. Next time will probably use a little less honey, as it was on the sweet side. Will definitely make again. Using the leftover meat tonight to make beef-lo-mein for the guys!
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce or 1⁄4 cup teriyaki marinade
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 lb flank steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all marinade ingredients in large ziploc bag.
- Score steak by making shallow diagonal cuts across steak.
- Add steak to bag, seal bag.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 24 hours).
- When ready to cook, remove steak from bag.
- You can either grill or broil it.
- 12 to 14 minutes or to desired doneness (160 degrees F for medium doneness).
- If you want to serve the marinade as a sauce, bring it to a boil in a small saucepan, reduce heat.
- Simmer 5 minutes.