Prep1 hr 10 mins
Chickpeas and garbanzo beans are the same thing, and have a great taste in this refreshing salad.
Make and share this Marinated Chickpea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml canned chick-peas (garbanzo beans)
- 248.05 g can corn, rinsed and drained
- 78.07 ml chopped red onion
- 59.14 ml shredded carrot
- 59.14 ml finely chopped celery
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 22.18 ml cider vinegar
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml vegan sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas (garbanzos), corn, onion, carrot, and celery.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, paprika, vinegars, garlic, mustard, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving, 2-3 hours is better.
This was very good and quite flavorful. I added a bit of dried mint too. I served it as a side dish at a backyard barbecue and everyone enjoyed it.
Healthy and delicious. The perfect start to a New Year. I used frozen "steam in a bag" corn, added some roasted peppers and half of a jalapeno. Yum! I love that you can pretty much throw in whatevever you would like to use because the flavor base is so delicious, it's hard to mess it up. Thank you.
This is a great salad, and nice to have in the fridge, ready to serve with a sandwich. The dressing is very nice, and just the right amount. Thanks for the recipe! It is filed in my favorites.