Marinated Chickpea Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 sweet white onions or 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrot and herbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil and vinegar, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Por over the salad mixture and let stand at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Or make up to eight hours ahead, refrigerate covered, then bring to room temperature before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very simple and whipped it together in no time. I appreciate that there isn't an excessive amount of oil. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal (as we enjoyed it over greens/baby spinach), potluck, etc. Used fresh herbs from the garden. Love the crunch of the celery, too. For color, red onion was used. Reviewed for Veg Tag/May.
This is the best chickpea salad I've ever tried. This made the perfect and filling lunch for me today, and I'm looking forward to the leftovers! I halved the recipe and thought it made plenty. I used the sherry option and added plenty of kosher salt and pepper to the olive oil/sherry option. I used green pepper instead of red pepper, because that is what I had on hand. I'm sure the red pepper would make it even better! (I omitted the mint, becaused I've found out that I'm not overly crazy about the flavor of mint.) Thanks for a great chickpea salad recipe!