1/1 Photo of Marinated Chicken Panini
Based on a recipe I found in "Classic Home Cooking". I usually skip the honey. Use whatever herbs you like. I usually use parsley, cilantro, and thyme.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken, roasted
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large yellow pepper
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 1 cup arugula leaf
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Strip chicken meat from bones and cut into bite-sized strips.
- 2Combine marinade ingredients and toss with chicken, cover and let the flavors develop.
- 3Preheat grill and roast peppers until mostly blackened.
- 4Place in a paper bag until cool, remove skins and discard.
- 5Cut peppers into strips.
- 6Make the panini: Brush the (outside) top and bottom of the rolls with olive oil.
- 7Cover the bottom of the rolls with the peppers, then the chicken, then the olives and top with the arugula leaves.
- 8Brush the inside of the top half with the leftover marinade, if you have any.
- 9Cover the rolls with their tops and grill in a panini press until done.
- 10NOTE: Mozzarella cheese and onion slices are also nice additions to this sandwich.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Chicken Panini
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.9
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 620.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: