Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is very simple but needs at least 24 hours to marinate in the jar.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, Skin on
- 1 red onion
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 slices lemons, cut in half
- 20 black peppercorns
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 110 ml cider vinegar
- 240 ml virgin olive oil
- Cut each chicken breast into about 5 pieces.
- Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- Cut each pepper into about 8 pieces.
- Into a 1 liter jar or container add all the Ingredients; give it a good shake.
- Leave in the fridge overnight giving it another good shake in the morning.
- When required, thread onto skewers and grill or BBQ, basting well with the marinade for around 20 minutes or until the chicken is well cooked and browned.