southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Great little appetizer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cheese (any type such as cheddar, Colby, edam, gouda, or Monterey jack cheese)
- 2 ounces pepperoni or 2 ounces salami
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained
- 1Cut the cheese and meat into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 2In a bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, fennel seeds, and pepper.
- 3Stir in the cheese and meat mixture, and the olives.
- 4Cover and chill for up to 3 days stirring occasionally.
- 5Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- 6Serve with toothpicks.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinated Cheese and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 292.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g