1/3 Photos of Marinade for Steak
* Pamela *'s Note:
Ingredients in a marinade can be varied, but it is important to use wine, vinegar, lemon juice, or some acidic liquid to break down the connective tissues. This process will make the steak more tender. Remaining marinade ingredients add flavor. Use a good-quality olive oil or walnut oil; add good-quality wine or vinegar and a combination of fresh and dried herbs, seasonings, garlic and soy sauce to make a flavorful marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients in glass screw-top jar; shake vigorously.
- 2Arrange meat in shallow glass dish; pierce with a fork.
- 3Pour marinade over meat; turn to coat.
- 4Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning meat occasionally.
- 5Remove meat from marinade; pat dry.
- 6Remove any pieces of spices or herbs that may stick to meat.
- 7This recipe is a steak marinade, but the ingredients can be adapted for other meats using the same techniques.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marinade for Steak
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.3
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 545.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar