Raspberry Red Wine Vinegar
Mixed with oil and sugar, this vinegar is the perfect dressing for salad greens. Any recipe calling for red wine vinegar, I use this. Time does not include chilling time.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh raspberries (or frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Place raspberries, both vinegars and sugar in medium stainless steel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Cool liquid. Chill overnight.
- Strain through fine sieve, pressing to extract liquid.
- Discard pulp. Pour liquid into glass jar with tight fitting lid. Chill.
- My family's favorite salad dressing.
- 1/2 cup oil.
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar.
- 1/4 cup white sugar.
- 1/4 cup ketchup.
- 1 tbsp steak sauce.
- In a 2 cup glass measuring cup add all ingredients and blend with a stick blender.
- This is a sweet dressing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more