Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is an easy recipe that was featured in a September 1989 issue of Bon Appetit that featured a "Do It Yourself Tostado Party" in the Cooking for Friends section. While these sre great as a tostado topping, they also make excellent tacos or burritos.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon margarita salt or 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- lime wedge
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, green onions and garlic and saute until shrimp just turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add tequilla.
- Return to heat and bring to boil, scraping up any browned bits.
- Transfer to medium bowl and cool.
- (Can be prepared 6 hour ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Toss shrimp with lime juice and salt.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.