Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are very pretty to serve. They look like they are made from marble.
- 3 cups water
- 4 black tea bags or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons loose black tea
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flaked crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Bring water to boil, turn off heat, add tea and steep for 5 min.
- Roll eggs on counter to crack shells all over.
- Do not peel.
- Place eggs in tea, simmer 10 min.
- remove from heat, let eggs cool in tea.
- Refrigerate eggs in cooled liquid at least 1 hour.
- Drain eggs, peel and blot dry.
- Cut in half, scoop out yolks; mash and mix with remaining ingredients.
- Refill egg halves with yolk mixture.
Not bad! I garnished the eggs with fresh chopped tarragon, paprika, and red cayenne pepper.