Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a Hershey's cookbook
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 2⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Cream Cheese Marble
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350°F Line 8 inch square baking pan with foil; grease foil.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In medium saucepan, place sugar, butter and water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Immediately add 1 cup of the chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Stir in eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Add melted mixture to flour mixture, blending well.
- Spread 2/3 of the chocolate batter into prepared pan.
- In small bowl, beat softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Stir in remaining 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Spoon over chocolate; drop spoonfuls of remaining chocolate batter onto cream cheese mixture. Gently swirl chocolate batter into cream cheese with spatula.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan; peel off foil and cut into squares.
- Raspberry Variation: Substitute 2/3 cup raspberry chips for the chocolate chips in the cream cheese mixture; add 2 drops of red food coloring.
- Mint Variation: Substitute 1 2/3 cups mint chocolate chips for the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 2 drops green food coloring to the cream cheese marble mixture.