Recipe by Judeek
I got this recipe from my girlfriend Marichen, many years ago, had to convert from metric to cups and tsp and Tbls. She came from Germany and brought this recipe with her. Its on the order of a pound cake but a little more moist and the texture is a little courser. One of my favorites. Hope everyone who tries it enjoys.
- 1⁄2 lb margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a foil lined 2 1/2" to 3" by 15" loaf pan (long and thin).
- Cream together the margarine and sugar till smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Now add milk and flour a little at a time then add in baking soda.
- Mix well, will be a slightly stiff mixture.
- Now put 1/2 of the mixture in your loaf pan.
- In the remaining mixture add 1/4 cup of cocoa, 3T. sugar and 3 T. milk
- Mix well
- Now put this chocolate mixture on top of the vanilla mixture and swirl a spatula thru it to marble
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Just before cake is done mix the lemon juice, water and powdered sugar together to make a thin icing.
- When cake is done remove foil and cake from pan, leaving foil under the cake.
- Now while the cake is still warm drizzle the icing over the cake.