We grew up eating this in Chinese restaurant. It's quite expensive so i researched and came up with this recipe. Really good! I have been making it for 7 years now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 pieces bean curd (tokwa)
- 1 cup oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 250 g ground pork or 250 g shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce (lee kum kee)
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (lee kum kee)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mix in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
- 1Cut bean curd into 2 forming two triangles.
- 2You should have 16 all in all.
- 3Fry bean curd till golden.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Heat a little oil and stir fry garlic.
- 6Add in ground pork or shrimp.
- 7Saute till no longer pink.
- 8Add black bean garlic sauce, garlic sauce, soy and stock.
- 9Let simmer awhile.
- 10Correct seasoning, add more chili if you want it hotter.
- 11Thicken with cornstarch mixed in water.
- 12Put back all the cooked tofu in the sauce.
- 13Let it simmer in low heat until flavor gets absorbed.
- 14Garnish with spring onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mapo Tofu (Bean Curd)
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.6
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 30.0 mg
- Sodium 452.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black bean garlic sauce