Vegan Mapo Tofu
photo by hello
- Ready In:
- 400 g tofu, silken, cut into inch cubes
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 125 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons chili bean paste
- 30 g fermented black beans, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 30 g green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 25 g peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mix vegetable stock, cornstarch, soy sauce, and honey in a bowl.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok.
- Add in ginger, garlic, mushrooms, Sichuan peppercorns, fermented black beans, and white part of the leeks to the wok. Sautee until aromatic. About a minute.
- Add in chili bean paste and soy sauce mixture.
- Stir until thick then add tofu. Heat for a minute.
- Transfer to a serving dish then drizzle chili oil and sesame oil.
- 7. Top with chopped peanuts.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!