Recipe by Dib's
Here's a lovely New England Pie that's great just warm with Vanilla Ice Cream.
Top Review by Sandra Hyde
This is wonderful to taste, and very easy to make. I cheated and had a bought, unbaked pie crust. It is simple to make and, in my opinion it tastes best served cold. I did try it while it was still warm, but I must have been a little too eager, as I burned my tongue. But the wonderful aroma that was wafting around was more than I could resist. Thanks for sharing Di.
- 1 basic butter pie crust (Basic Butter Crust freeze any left-over dough)
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnut pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepasre pie crust and line a pie plate.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon, butter, vanilla and salt.
- Beat until well combined.
- Stir in nuts and bake for 30-40 minutes or until center is set.