Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan."
Make and share this Maple Walnut Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, juice, oil, vanilla, and walnuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled 8x8 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
I'm sorry but my husband and I weren't that crazy over these brownies. The bitter cocoa taste took over the sweet maple and they were also very cake-like, even though I only used 1 tsp of baking powder. I was expecting something a little more gooey and rich. It could have just been our personal preferences! Sorry! Thank you for posting your recipe.
I'm not a vegan, not even sure of what that means, just needed to use up some maple styrup, so I chose this recipe. It was easy to make and smelled grzeat, tastes good, but has a very strange consistency. The consistency would be the reason I wouldn't make this again. Cooked fast in about 25 minutes, and I also used the walnuts. Cuts into very pretty squares too.
This recipe uses 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and is really yummy! I prefer using Carob Powder but it is good either way. I strongly recommend the cookbook it comes from as well.