Recipe by mielhollinger
This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan."
Top Review by trishypie
I'm sorry but my husband and I weren't that crazy over these brownies. The bitter cocoa taste took over the sweet maple and they were also very cake-like, even though I only used 1 tsp of baking powder. I was expecting something a little more gooey and rich. It could have just been our personal preferences! Sorry! Thank you for posting your recipe.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder or 1⁄3 cup carob powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the maple syrup, juice, oil, vanilla, and walnuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Spoon into a lightly oiled 8x8 pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.