A delicious twist on a favorite old dessert from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift flour and baking powder together.
- 3Melt butter, without browning, in a heavy skillet.
- 4Remove from heat, spread maple sugar over bottom of skillet and cover with a layer of sliced pineapple.
- 5Beat egg whites until beaters leave soft peaks.
- 6Beat egg yolks; add granulated sugar, water, vanilla and lemon extract.
- 7Beat together until thick and lemon colored.
- 8Add dry ingredients and beat for three minutes.
- 9Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- 10Pour batter over pineapple in skillet and bake for about 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 11Loosen cake from sides and bottom and turn out onto cake rack immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 90.7 mg
- Sodium 127.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 44.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g