Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Salmon married with a mixture of fresh thyme, maple and tangy Dijon mustard. Serve this dish over greens or accompanied by rice. This dish is very easy to make and impressive enough for company. Source: Longo's Experience Magazine
- 1⁄3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless atlantic salmon fillet, about 1 1/4 lbs
- 6 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass dish, whisk maple syrup, mustard, thyme, garlic and pepper together.
- Place salmon fillets in dish and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Place salmon on parchment paper lined baking sheet and spoon some of remaining marinade over top.
- Roast in 425F oven for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
- In large bowl, toss spinach with oil, salt & pepper (if using), and divide among 4 plates.
- Top with salmon and serve.