- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and shortening together.
- Add the syrup and stir well.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Add the milk and flour mix, alternating small amounts of each until all mixed.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then fold into batter.
- Bake in a greased pan at 350°F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.