Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Got those waffles cooked and realized you're out of syrup? Try this quick fix. It's tasty, has no fat, and only 4 calories per tablespoon!
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons imitation maple flavor
- In a 2-cup glass measure, combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and cold water.
- Microwave on high 2-3 min.
- or until syrup is clear and thickened, stirring every minute during cooking.
- Stir in maple flavoring.
- Refrigerate tightly covered.
Definitely too watery, not very sweet, runny. Won't make again.
I liked the idea of being able to make syrup quickly and easily in the microwave, so I tried this but it wasn't anywhere near sweet enough. I had to use much more than I normally would in order to be able to taste it.