Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 (16 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
- whipped topping or whipped cream
- In a bowl, mix together the first 10 ingredients.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Decrease heat to 350 and bake about 45 more minutes or until pie tests done.
- May need to cover crust edges with foil during the last 15 minutes of baking to prevent getting too brown.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add whipped topping on top if you prefer.
A fresh tasting, moist, creamy and wonderfully seasoned pie. The choice and amount of spices adds flavor without overpowering the pumpkin or changing it's color to brown. The maple flavor was very subtle and ? overpowered by the amount of sugar. It's hard for me to tell because my taste buds are overly sensitive to sugar. You might try an extra tbls of maple syrup. For my taste buds, I will add the syrup but reduce the amount of sugar. I just can't get over the fresh taste and fresh look of this beautifully spiced pie. Thanks Nurse Di, it's my #1 favorite.
This pie is the yummiest!! It had a delicate maple flavor. The spices were not overpowering. One of the better pumpkin pies I have tasted. Thanks Nurse Di. Will make this again for the holidays.
The pie tasted so luscious and scrumptious and any other word the means "it tasted good". The maple and pumpkin flavors go well together. A hit with my family and guests. Thanks Nurse Di.