Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe is from Fleischmann's yeast company.
- 1 cup water, plus
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted prune
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer, adding walnuts and prunes with flours.
- Select Basic/White cycle.
- Use Medium or Light crust color.
- Delay cycle can be used.
- Remove baked bread from pan and cool on wire rack.
Mine came out a little doughy. Might just be my bread machine. I'm going to try again with dates instead of prunes.