Recipe by KelBel
From food tv show "Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller". A slow cooker meal that has a lot of flavor and color. A complete meal in one pot.
Top Review by DinnerBelle
I made this pretty much as written, except that I braised the leeks and chicken in a bit of oil before putting them in the pot, for softer flavor and because I hate that pasty white look of poached chicken. I used breast, not thighs, because that's what I had, and added them to the pot with 2 hours left to go. Next time I'll use thighs; they are definitely better for slow cooking. I'll also use butternut squash for ease of peeling: no discernable flavor difference to me. The sauce was great, I served with brown rice and it was a big hit.
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 leeks, rinsed and chopped
- 5 (4 ounce) skinless chicken thighs (with or without bone)
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Place squash and sweet potatoes and leeks in the slow cooker. Season chicken all over with salt and black pepper and place on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine orange marmalade and remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours or on HIGH for 2 hours.