Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
yummy and healthy
Make and share this Maple Oat Scones Recipe recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple extract
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place flour, flax seed meal, oats, sugar, salt and baking powder in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse several times until the mixture takes on the texture of a flour. Add the maple syrup and butter pieces to the food processor and pulse until the butter is evenly distributed. Add the egg, milk and maple extract and process until a sticky dough is formed.
- 2.Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Place pecans in center of dough and knead several times, distributing pecans evenly throughout the dough. Pat dough into a 7- to 8-inch circle, and cut into eight triangle wedges.
- 3. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat mat or parchment paper. Place scone wedges on the prepared cookie sheet, approximately a half-inch apart, and bake 13 to 15 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes. Whisk together glaze ingredients (orange juice and powdered sugar) and drizzle over scones, if desired.