Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Maple syrup brings an extra sweet edge to the carrots making for an irresistible side-dish.
- 2 lbs carrots
FOR THE MAPLE GLAZE
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Peel and cut the carrots into batons. (You can do this up to 24 hours ahead and keep them in a polythene bag in the fridge.)
- Tip them into a pan, pour in enough boiling water just to cover, bring back to the boil, then put a lid on the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until the carrots are just tender.
- Meanwhile, put the butter and maple syrup in a small pan. Heat until the butter is melted then stir in the mustard.
- Take off the heat. Drain the carrots and tip into a warmed serving dish.
- Pour the warm maple glaze over the carrots.
- Taste and adjust seasoning to suit.