Recipe by mailbelle
Maple syrup, Worcestershire and hot mustard combine to make a sweet hot glaze. From Country Living magazine.
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons hot mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (1 1/4 lb) turkey drumsticks, rinsed and patted dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Combine maple syrup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
- Season the turkey legs with the remaining salt and the fresh-ground pepper.
- Place the onions on the bottom of a roasting pan and put the turkey legs on top.
- Dot the turkey with butter and roast for 30 minutes.
- Brush turkey legs with the prepared sauce and reduce oven temperature to 325°F Continue to roast, basting with the sauce every 20 minutes, until meat is very tender -- about 90 more minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.