Recipe by Saguaro
I like to use grade b syrup here,and just about everywhere else maple syrup is called for.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease or oil an 8 x 8-inch square or 9-inch round baking pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In a small bowl, or in a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, maple syrup, melted butter and eggs.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake the cornbread for about 20 to 25 minutes, until it's lightly browned and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove it from the oven, and serve warm.