Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this at Hersheys.com while looking for desserts with maple and chocolate ZWT 3: Canadian (maple) and U.S. (pecans)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 1.23 ml salt (optional)
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine, cold
- 2 eggs
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk!)
- 7.39 ml maple flavoring
- 473.18 ml pecan halves or 473.18 ml pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in large bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in 1 beaten egg. Press mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes. Meanwhile, beat sweetened condensed milk, remaining 1 egg and flavoring in medium bowl; stir in pecan halves. Pour over prepared crust, distributing pecan halves evenly. Return to oven.
- Bake 25 minutes longer or until golden. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered at room temperature. About 24 to 36 bars.
A really good dessert. Not too sweet, but excellent, deep chocolate flavor. The timing on this was perfect, at least for my oven ... 25 minutes and 25 minutes. They came out great. A keeper for sure. Thanks for sharing.