Recipe by HappyBunny
A simple, tasty one-dish meal for two people. I adopted this recipe from the Recipezaar account and have yet to try it.
Top Review by MarieRynr
Made this for dinner tonight and the flavour was superb. I added chunks of swede (turnip to you Americans)because my DH and I both love it and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Cheap, easy and delish!! I will definitly be making this again and again. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (a.k.a chicken breast halves)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (can use baby carrots instead)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place chicken in a 8 x 8 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray (or lightly greased).
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine maple syrup, Dijon mustard, sage, salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Add vegetables to the pan.
- Baste with syrup mixture.
- Return to oven.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes more, or until the chicken is well glazed and cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Baste frequently with syrup mixture while baking.