Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple recipe with maple syrup from Coup de Pouce. Looks yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs skinless chicken, cut in pieces
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 celery tops, cut in big chunks
- 12 carrots, peeled
- 18 small cocktail onions, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- In a not too deep dish, mix flour, salt and pepper. Coat well the pieces of chicken in the mixture of flour.
- In a big oven casserole, melt the butter. Add chicken and grill it, in many matches if needed.
- Add vegetables, water, maple syrup and cook in a preheated oven of 350 F for 45 minutes or until chicken is not pink inside.
I had mixed review of this at my dinner table. My 7 year old would not eat it (I think it was the maple syrup) and my husband thought it was okay, but I enjoyed it. It probably isn't something I will have an opportunity to make again and that is too bad. I used baby carrots and did not include the onions as a family preference.