1/2 Photos of Maple Caramel Flan
Bella Fivestarskitchen's Note:
Crown Royal Maple is truly a love at first sniffle. It has such a luscious flavor I’ve used it in countless dishes since my first discovery, even Tiramisu!!! This is one of my most requested recipes, even the owner of the neighborhood liquor shop, the one who sold me the 2nd bottle of Crown Royal Maple, wants some, too!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Preheat oven to 325 degree F/160 degree Celsius.
- 22. Prepare 4-6 little oven-safe ceramic cups, spray with cooking spray. Then place these cups into a big roasting pan.
- 33. Boil a hot of water, the hot water should come half way to the molds in roasting pan.
- 44. In a small sauce pan, heat the 75g sugar and 20 g of cold water until the edge is medium/dark amber color. Remove from heat and whisk in 4 teaspoon of hot water and ½ tsp of Maple Whisky.
- 55. Heat milk and 1/2 cup sugar until almost boiling. Beat the eggs and egg yolk in a big bowl until pale yellow. Add the hot milk into the egg mixture in a steady stream while beating. Don’t add too fast or the eggs will scramble. Sift the custard to make sure no scramble eggs.
- 66. Divide the egg custard evenly into molds. Pour the hot water into the roasting pan, water should come up to half way of the ceramic cups. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 77. Remove the roasting pan from oven and let cool 15-20 minutes before serving. Run a knife around the edges to release the flan, then invert it onto a small dessert plate. Can also be served cold after refrigeration. Keep in flan mold in frig for about a week.
- 88. To see a video on how to make this flan. http://youtu.be/Pa9L9yrn1TM.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Caramel Flan
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 287.4 mg
- Sodium 150.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 41.8 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: