Recipe by Bella Fivestarskitchen
Crown Royal Maple is truly a love at first sniffle. It has such a luscious flavor I’ve used it in countless dishes since my first discovery, even Tiramisu!!! This is one of my most requested recipes, even the owner of the neighborhood liquor shop, the one who sold me the 2nd bottle of Crown Royal Maple, wants some, too!!!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons water
- 4 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Crown Royal whiskey, maple (optional)
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 5 pieces eggs
- 1 piece egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F/160 degree Celsius.
- 2. Prepare 4-6 little oven-safe ceramic cups, spray with cooking spray. Then place these cups into a big roasting pan.
- 3. Boil a hot of water, the hot water should come half way to the molds in roasting pan.
- 4. In a small sauce pan, heat the 75g sugar and 20 g of cold water until the edge is medium/dark amber color. Remove from heat and whisk in 4 teaspoon of hot water and ½ tsp of Maple Whisky.
- 5. Heat milk and 1/2 cup sugar until almost boiling. Beat the eggs and egg yolk in a big bowl until pale yellow. Add the hot milk into the egg mixture in a steady stream while beating. Don’t add too fast or the eggs will scramble. Sift the custard to make sure no scramble eggs.
- 6. Divide the egg custard evenly into molds. Pour the hot water into the roasting pan, water should come up to half way of the ceramic cups. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- 7. Remove the roasting pan from oven and let cool 15-20 minutes before serving. Run a knife around the edges to release the flan, then invert it onto a small dessert plate. Can also be served cold after refrigeration. Keep in flan mold in frig for about a week.
- 8. To see a video on how to make this flan. http://youtu.be/Pa9L9yrn1TM.