Recipe by Chicopee
Took a recipe from Highland Park Market and made a few changes. I may try adding some carrots the next time. This is 1pt for Weight Watchers.
Top Review by Don Steele
Chicopee,Not sure where Highland Park is but really enjoyed this chowder,I made it as written and will certainly remake,this indicates a winner for me.The dish looks great,with the red and green peppers,and the taste is subtle,yet interesting....thanks for the post.....Don.......
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 2 cups tomato juice
- black pepper
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute peppers and onion in olive oil.
- Add onions and continue to cook.
- Once the vegetables start cooking, add garlic.
- Now add the thyme, basil and cayenne; then tomatoes and their juice.
- Cook about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the clam juice from the cans of clams and the tomato juice.
- Cook until vegetables are just cooked.
- Add chopped clams and pepper, if desired.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes so that all the flavors meld.