This is more of a chunky dip that I love to make... In fact this recipe has inspired 2 separate parties in my life; a Caribbean party and a "who can make the best appetizer" night with my friends (by the way, this dip won!) Make it for a special occasion... or throw together a batch and serve it on salad greens - it makes a FANTASIC lunch/dinner salad as well. Enjoy!
- Dice the first 3 ingredients into small pieces.
- Finely dice the jalapeño. You can add more to taste.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, "Scoops" or on a bed of lettuce.
I really like this recipe! I added some red onion and green onions but did not get the shrimp in. I made it for a party and was waiting until the last minute to add the shrimp. I put out the dip when guests started arriving and by the time I got back to the kitchen, it was half gone. I will be making it again for my hubby and me with the shrimp. Thanks for such a great recipe!